Teeth Straightening using Invisible braces or Clear braces – Fix Crooked or Straighten Teeth without Metal Braces – Invisalign Canberra Dentist is the answer!
Dr Shilpa Kalburgi is your Certified Canberra Invisalign Dentist
Consider Invisalign to get the beautiful straight teeth you’ve always wanted, but without the traditional metal braces. An INITIAL CONSULTATION with our Principal Dentist Dr Shilpa Kalburgi can determine if Invisalign is right for you.
What is it & what problems can Invisalign fix?
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable & comfortable clear aligners that no one can tell you’re wearing. So, you can smile more vividly during the treatment. Invisalign fixes crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, overbite or overjet, underbite, crossbite, deep bite, open bite & midline shift.
Why would I want it?
Not only are the aligners invisible, they are removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment. They are also comfortable, with no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. And no metal and wires usually means you spend less time at the Dentist getting many adjustments !
How does it work?
The Invisalign appliance works on the same principles of teeth straightening with metal braces. However, they are more comfortable because there are no wires or metal pieces, they have a clear transparent design and each aligner is generated following a computer progression.
Your Invisalign teeth straightening will progress as follow:
- First, we will take your bite impressions,
- Then, these impressions are laser scanned to generate computerised 3D images,
- Finally, a series of clear aligners are created, each progressively moving your teeth towards the desired position.
You wear each set of the clear aligners for about two to four weeks, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week — until they have straightened to their final positions. You’ll visit us about once every four to six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 6 to 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment could be between 12 and 30, but both could vary from case to case.
Difference between Invisalign and traditional metal Braces
- Invisalign aligners are very comfortable in comparison to traditional metal braces
- Invisalign aligners can be easily removed for brushing, flossing and eating
- Invisalign aligners are more hygienic than traditional metal braces can be
- Invisalign aligners does not require frequent adjustments like traditional metal braces do,
so you are only required to visit your local Gungahlin Canberra Dentist every 4-6 weeks!